Tuesday | 28 August 2018 | Course Introductions
- You (Just for starters)
- What’s your name?
- Where are you from?
- Early, Middle, Adolescent?
- ED253 School & Society
- What are the Foundations of Education? (More frequently referred to as education studies).
- Examining the title of the course: School? Society?
- Assignments | What are we going to do in this course?
- How are we going to do it?
- The course syllabus: https://dshutkin253.wordpress.com Or, I can’t believe we’re not using Canvas?
- Course WebLog
- Center for Service & Social Action | Introduction with Sr. Katherine Feely
Thursday | 30 August 2018 More Introductions
- Overview of day & looking ahead
- Logistical questions
- Current Events
- Blogging workshop II
- BlogPrompt one |Introduction
- BlogPost One | –> Assignment due Tuesday 4 September
- What’s your name,
- Please share something “unique” about yourself that will help us get to know you a bit; and
- What’s a crucial issue in the field of education? Why?
- Discussion / Overview concerning reading for 4 September: Spring, Joel (2018) American Education. 1 The History and Political Goals of Public Schooling.