What does it mean to think systemically?
(How many systemic variables are contributing to school failure can you find from the article?)
- Racial discrimination
- Social isolation
- Geographically distanced from jobs, stores, libraries, hospitals,…
- Limited transportation options
- Low paying jobs
- Work intensification (more than one job, long and/or wrong hours)
- Inadequate school facility
- Less qualified/experienced teachers
- Limited School-Home understanding
- Parental frustration and Fatigue
Reading: Dunn-Kenney, M. (2010). Can Service Learning Reinforce Social and Cultural Bias? Exploring a Popular Model of Family Involvement for Early Childhood Teacher Candidates. Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education, 31(1), 37-48.