What is binary thinking? What does normalization mean?
- The Problem with Binary Thinking — David Stein
- Binary Thinking vs. Directional Thinking — Daniel Priestley
What do you know about the John Carroll Campus support for LGBTQ students?
What about your school experiences?
- Who were the people most likely to be bullied in your middle school and your high school?
- Characterize how your HS supported LGBTQIA+ students. What role was played by students, teachers, administration? Did your school have a gay/straight alliance?
- Was your school hostile? Were some people hostile? students? teachers? administrators?
- What type of changes would you like to see?
Genderbread & Intersectionlity
- Killermann, S (2018). Breaking through the binary: Gender explained using continuums The GenderBread Person v4
- Cisgender Privilege
- Killermann, S (2012). You Soup: Understanding diversity and the Intersections of Identity.
Some LGBTQIA+ Resources in the Cleveland Metropolitan Area
- LGBT Center of Greater Cleveland
- Ohio Educator’s Resources to GLBTQ Resources
- The Trevor Project
- Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN) — Northeast Ohio Chapter of the gay, lesbian and straight education network.
- The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
The History of Pride