What do you know about the John Carroll Campus support for LGBTQ students?
What about your school experiences?
Who were the people most likely to be bullied in your middle school and your high school?
Characterize how your HS supported LGBTQIA+ students. What role was played by students, teachers, administration? Was your school hostile? Were some people hostile? students? teachers? administrators? What type of changes would you like to see?
What is binary thinking? What does normalization mean?
The History of Pride
Some LGBTQIA+ Resources in the Cleveland Metropolitan Area
- LGBT Center of Greater Cleveland
- Ohio Educator’s Resources to GLBTQ Resources
- The Trevor Project
- How to Start a Gay-Straight Alliance
- Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN) — Northeast Ohio Chapter of the gay, lesbian and straight education network.
- Know Your Rights! A Quick Guide for LGBT High School Students
- The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
Genderbread & Intersectionlity
- Killermann, S (2018). Breaking through the binary: Gender explained using continuums The GenderBread Person v4
- Cisgender Privilege
- Killermann, S (2012). You Soup: Understanding diversity and the Intersections of Identity.