WebPost1: CLASS SURVEY
When you have completed your first blog post, please publish it to your weblog and send the address of your weblog to me in an email message. (Address = Domain name = URL. The address of the course website, for example, is dshutkin253.education). Use the email address you expect me to use to communicate with you this semester.
- What name do you prefer to be called? Do you have preferred pronouns?
- Hometown and photograph of you (inserted in your blog so we can connect you with your name).
- Grade level and subject(s) that you want to teach.
- What are you into; what makes you special? Share a few “unique” aspects about yourself that would help our classroom community get to know you a bit more. Are you on an athletic team? Sing in the choir? Are you trying out for a play? Painting? What are you planning on doing this semester in your life that is noteworthy?
- I want to know what matters most to you. To this end, please share with the class a reading that is essential to your interests. (Include the reference/link to the reading [chapter, article, website, book] and a few sentences about its significance to you).
- Which course-approved service activity did you enroll in through CSSA’s registration website? Enroll as a service participant and register for a course-approved service activity through CSSA’s registration website: http://jcu.givepulse.com using your JCU credentials to log in. Our course page is found here https://givepul.se/7dueej.
Learning Style and more:
7. Being as specific as you can, what must be in place for you to feel comfortable taking intellectual and creative risks in a college classroom?
Education Past and Present
8. Please discuss what are, for you, some significant issues or concerns facing the field of education right now.
About Dr. Shutkin:
9. I welcome a question or two about the course or about me.
Thank you and all good things,