Jesuit Heritage: Issues In Social Justice (ISJ)
Please review your ED253 WebLog and assigned essays. It is through these written assignments that you will demonstrate your understanding of ISJ Core Outcomes. Though it does not effect your grade, completion of this assignment is required.
The Issues in Social Justice component of the Integrative Core Curriculum asks that students consider important questions about justice, diversity, and ethics. Students are expected to be engaged learners who bring new knowledge into being through study and collaboration, realizing that knowledge has the capacity to raise ethical questions and that these questions are meaningful and liberating. In Issues in Social Justice courses, students learn to understand and interrogate concepts of inclusion and empowerment and to analyze systems and structures of oppression and marginalization. These courses pose questions about equality, access, multiculturalism, economic and social barriers, or discrimination based on gender, sexuality, class, race, and/or ethnicity. These courses challenge students to recognize institutional impediments or de facto assumptions that result in an individual or group having less than full voice and participation in societies. Issues in Social Justice courses focus on historical issues, contemporary problems, or both.
To Demonstrate Understanding of ISJ Core Outcomes
- Collate into a single document at least five (5) blogposts (PresentPosts or ServicePosts) or one of your essays (Service or History of the Present) that you believe meet or exceed the ISJ outcomes listed in the table below.
- Then, follow the Assignments link on the ED253 Canvas site to the ISJ social justice writing sample and upload your document there.
- This must be completed by Monday, 11 December at 6:00pm.
To Review the Weblog Prompts, the WebLog Assignment & ED253 Matrix
- WebLog prompts for the PresentPosts and ServicePosts assigned this semester,
- Details of the WebLog assignment,
- ED253 Course Outcomes, Goals, & Assessments Matrix
ISJ Outcomes & Assessment Rubric
The address for this web page | https://dshutkin253.wordpress.com/isj-core-credit/