Week Five | Education & Equality of Opportunity I
Spring, Joel (2018) American Education. 3 Education & Equality of Opportunity (69-92)
Spring, Joel (2018) American Education. 4 The Economic Goals of Schooling: Human Capital, Global Economy, and Preschool (93-121)
Tuesday | 25 September
- Noteworthy & Current Events
- Questioning Experience & Making the Familiar Strange
- BlogPost Discussion concerning LCI Learning Experience & John Dewey’s Pedagogic creed.
- LCII Learning Experience concerning this week’s Education & Equality of Opportunity I
Thursday |27 September
Noteworthy & Current Events
- Learning Communities Schedule
- Assignment Due Tuesday 2 October: Blog Post Equality of Educational Opportunity I (LC I, II, IV)
- Reading for 2/4 October | Greene, M. (2018/1978). Wide-awakeness and the moral life.
- 4 October LCIV Seminar | concerning Tuesday 9 October reading & lesson planning: Spring (2018) 5 Equality of Educational Opportunity: Race, Gender, and Special Needs (122-147) & 6 Student Diversity (148-178).
Current Events and/or Service Learning
Learning Communities: LCIII Seminar concerning next Tuesday’s reading & lesson planning: Greene (2018/1978). Wide-awakeness and the moral life.
Discussion / Overview concerning Maxine Green, the moral life and being Wide-awake p. 220
[I invite students to read this excerpt out loud; for one student to begin and for the next student to start after a few words or a sentence, maybe two. I invite the current reader to yield to the next reader and for the process to continue until the end of the excerpt.]