Effective During-Reading Comments deeply engage aspects of the reading, stimulate discussion, offer informative questions or comments, and help others by addressing their questions or confusions.
- Log in to the reading using your JCU email through Google.
- Highlight the part of the text you are commenting on.
- Comments are to be about 100 words each / 500 words all together
- *Starred comment types are required.
- **At least two replies are required.
- Replies take the form of one of the other types of comments
Five Comments in all –>
- One nearer to the beginning,
- One towards the middle, and
- One closer to the conclusion.
- Two additional comments.
- Two replies to other LC member’s comments.
Types of Comments –>
- **Reply to someone else’s comment
- *Word Definition → with a reference to a dictionary.
- Interpretation of a few sentences –> This is what I think this means and this why it is important.
- Lived Experience –> a story from your life in three parts: beginning, middle and end with a direct connection made to the reading.
- *Implications for → 1). the field of education and/or 2). my work as a teacher.
- Question → Thoughtfully asked about something you don’t understand.