Dr. Shutkin, if I am already a liaison, would I have to participate in another service opportunity as well? One thing I am curious to ask Dr. Shutkin is why he wanted to be a teacher when he was in college. Why did you go into education? What made you choose the college level? Did you jump right into higher education or did you teach another level prior to becoming a professor? Dr. Shutkin, I was wondering if you are interested in sports at all? If so, what sports do you prefer and who are your favorite players and teams?
- What edge does everyone hope to bring to their own classrooms?
- Will we be observing in any classrooms? Will we learn about certain social issues that directly affect the classroom?
- what, if any, large scale changes do you think we may face in the education landscape for the near future, and what impact might our society have on those changes?
- I would like to know how often we will be interacting with our classmates and what you will do to create a classroom environment where students feel engaged with the material, but at the same time comfortable and social with their classmates.
- Besides the necessary schooling/licensure requirements, what do schools look most at when considering candidates to hire?
- What is the biggest focus of this class? (ex. Field experience, service learning, content- based?)
- Do you think that private high schools prepare children for college more than public school? Why or why not?
- What has been your biggest challenge you have had to face while in the field of Education? How did you overcome it?
- What, if any, large scale changes do you think we may face in the education landscape for the near future, and what impact might our society have on those changes?